Fall Poem

A small breeze rustled the leaves of the grandfather trees planted firmly in the soil.                                                       I closed my eyes and just listened, I listened to the birds carring on a conversation about the latest news in the forest.                                                                                                                                                                               I listened to the chipmunks scurrying about the dry leaves buisily looking for nuts to store up for the barren days of winter.                                                                                                                                                                                I listened to the forest and I knew all was well in the forest on that fall day.

1 thought on “Fall Poem

1. I so connect with this poem! One of my favorite fall activities is to go to my favorite park at Profile Falls and sit still at a picnic table until the animals forget I’m there. Then I listen to the river, the birds, and the plunking acorns in this beautiful musical combination and give praises to the awesome Creator!